- 12 Small Flour Tortillas
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 3 C. Monterey Jack Cheese (fresh grated)
- 1 C. Sour Cream
- 3 T. Butter
- 3 T. Flour
- 2 C. Chicken Stock
- 1 Can Refried Beans
- 1 (4 oz.) Can Green Chilies (diced)
- 1/2 t. Cumin
- 1/2 t. Oregano Powder
- 1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 t. Kosher Salt
- 1 t. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (thick sliced)
- 2 Jalapenos (sliced)
- Combine all the ingredients for the chicken in a large pot and fill with water until about 2/3 full.
- Bring pot to a boil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add chicken to pot and boil for about 10 min.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred in electric mixer on low speed.
- Add one cup of cheese to chicken and combine then set aside.
- In a medium sized pot melt butter over medium low heat.
- Add flour to melted butter and whisk for about one min.
- Stir in chicken stock, whisking continuously until thickened and bubbling.
- Remove pot from heat and let cool for a few min.
- Mix in chilies and sour cream, stirring until smooth.
- Heat the refried beans.
- Spread a very thin layer of beans all over the tortilla.
- Next spread a layer of the chicken-cheese blend all over the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla tightly and place seam down in a casserole dish.
- Continue this process until you run out of ingredients.
- Once the pan is filled pour your sour cream sauce over the top of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min.
- If after 25 min the cheese hasn't turned golden use broiler for a few min.
- Serve with your favorite toppings-we used guacamole, corn, olives and salsa!
inspired by: www.raininghotcoupons.com