After getting over my frustration that I couldn't just buy the Skinny Bunny water bottle my mother suggested that I make my own. I knew that it was doable, I had seen all sorts of drinkware Cricut projects posted on both the Cricut website and Pinterest. I have been hesitant to try Cricut projects using vinyl because it seemed difficult and expensive. Luckily neither were true. I was able to buy a 12 pack of vinyl in varying colors for around ten dollars. After practicing with Lainie's Water Bottle I felt a lot more confident making my own. This time I decided I was going to try using the transfer tape which made life so much easier!!!!
- Use your Cricut Design Space to create your label. (I like to design mine in photoshop then import the image so I don't have to pay for fancy fonts. You can also use Word or Paint to do the same thing.)
- Cut out design using your Cricut Explore.
- Use your Weeder tool to remove vinyl so you are left with the image you want to transfer
- Cut a portion of transfer tape slightly larger than design and adhere to design. I used the handle of my scissors to really press the tape down.
- Peel the tape off your cutting mat very slowly to remove your design. I cut a few slits around the edges of the tape to help the tape go on smoothly on the rounded shape of the water bottle.
- Slowly lay the transfer tape sticky side down onto the water bottle. I again used the handle of my scissors to remove all the air bubbles and press the design firmly onto the bottle.
- Slowly peel the transfer tape off making sure the vinyl is sticking to the bottle.
- Voila! Enjoy your new bottle, but remember this must be hand washed if you want the vinyl to stay on.