- Make sure you remove any stickers or labels that may be on the cabinets.
- Use a Goo Gone type product to remove any remaining adhesive.
- Make sure to wash both inside and outside of cabinets with soap and water to remove any dust or grit.
- Remove hardware and set aside.
- In very thin coats using a side to side zigzag motion apply spray paint to cabinets. I chose a hammered black spray paint and ended up using about 6 cans by the end of the project. Because we aren't using a primer and didn't rough up the cabinets its important that you do not rush this step or you will get runs in the paint. Use very thin layers waiting about 20-30 min between each layer. I ended up doing about 15-20 layers on each side before it was coated completely.
- Pull out drawers and apply paint in thin coats as well
- Using thin layers paint hardware.
- Let everything dry over night then reassemble.