- 2 C. Carrots (I used bagged julienned carrots)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 3 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Butter
- 4 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4-14.5 oz. Cans Diced Tomatoes with Italian Seasoning
- 1- 32 oz. Carton of Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 C. Spicy Hot V8 Juice
- 1 t. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 t. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 t. Crushed Basil Leaves
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 T. Sugar
- 20 oz. Cheese Tortellini
- 1 C. Heavy Cream
|Crock pot before using the hand blender|
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add carrots, onion and garlic to pan and cook for about 5 min until tender. ( I chopped mine veggies by pulsing them a few times in my food chopper!)
- Combine all ingredients except tortellini, cream and parmesan cheese in a crock-pot and whisk together.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 hours.
- Using your hand held blender puree the contents of the crock-pot until smooth. (if you don't have a hand held blender you can use a food processor or blender in small batches.)
- Stir in tortellini and cook on high for 15 min.
- Whisk in cream.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese and enjoy!