- 1 oz. Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 8 oz. Cremini Mushrooms
- 5 Slices Thick Cut Peppered Bacon ( diced into bite sized pieces)
- 1 1/2 C. Arborio Rice
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 C. Hot Chicken Broth
- 1 C. Hot Beef Broth
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (small dice)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2/3 C. Dry Vermouth
- 2 T. Butter
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Soak porcini mushrooms in hot water for about 20 min then drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown bacon.
- Add in onion and garlic and cook for about a min.
- Chop cremini and porcini mushrooms then add to pan and cook for about 3 min.
- Stir in rice and vermouth and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Add in stocks and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and continue to simmer for about 20 min stirring occasionally.
- Mix in butter until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese
Inspired by: www.errenskitchen.com