could have it for breakfast lunch and dinner. I have made several attempts on recreating restaurant style Sweet & Sour Chicken and Sauce. With this recipe I finally found success! It does take a bit of work but is a fun activity for you and friends to make together. I found that the assembly line process works best.
I have found that using my deep fryer outside or in the garage works best. This will help prevent your home smelling like fried food for the few days following the meal.
- Vegetable Oil
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 T. Soy Sauce
- 2 t. Onion Powder
- 2 t. Garlic Powder
- 1.5 T. Cornstarch
- 2 t. Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 C. Flour
- 1/2 C. Cornstarch
- 2 t. Baking Soda
- 2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 t. Sugar
- 1 t. Kosher Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1.25 C. Water
- Butterfly chicken breasts then cut into one inch cubes.
- Mix together marinade ingredients in a medium bowl
- Toss chicken in marinade and set aside.
- Combine batter ingredients and set aside.
- Heat Oil in a deep fryer to about 375-400°F
- Coat chicken in batter and drop into deep fryer.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from fryer and place on a paper towel lined baking sheet/rack to dry off and cool.
- Serve with Sweet & Sour Sauce
inspired by: www.thissillygirlslife.com