According to my boyfriend every meal could be improved with the addition of jalapeños. The other night as we were making our own chinese takeout inspired dinner I decided to humor him and give these wontons a try. I haven't seen him this excited for a dinner in a long time. I didn't try them myself (not a fan of spicy food) but everyone who tried them had nothing but wonderful things to say about them. This is a nice easy recipe that you can make ahead and freeze for future use. But be prepared this takes a good amount of time and patients so don't attempt to make these if you're trying to hurry your dinner along.
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1/3 C. Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1/3 C. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 T. Ranch Dressing Mix
- 2 Jalapeños-seeded (small diced)
- 1 Green Onion (small dice)
- 20-25 Wonton Wrappers
- Vegetable Oil
- Heat oil to about 350-400°F in a deep fryer.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and combine. (If you are struggling to combine you can microwave everything together for about 20 seconds first)
- Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of each wrapper.
- Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and fold in half to form a triangle
- Seal the wrapper shut by pressing down on the edges with a fork.
- Drop into the fryer until golden on both sides (about 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Remove from fryer and set an a paper towel to cool and absorb excess oil.
inspired by: www.athriftymom.com