I have been trying to practice revamping glass pieces lately. This candy dish is absolutely my favorite project so far. I am running out of places to put my projects so they have begun to overflow into my boyfriends apartment. I don't think the boys are too thrilled about this new addition but as long as I keep it filled with candy I doubt they will complain. When I saw this dish at the goodwill the other day it was too beautiful to pass up. I absolutely love the shape and texture to it and couldn't wait to give it a new life and home! I developed this ombre painting technique completely by accident so I am going to have to keep practicing on more pieces. Stay tuned to see what other projects I try!
You will need:
- 1 Glass dish
- 2 Different Colors of Spray Paint
- Clear Polyurethane Spray Paint
- Turn the dish upside down and spray five thin layers of color meant for the inside of the dish on the outside of the dish (I did gold) waiting 5-10 min between each layer to allow to dry.
- Turn dish right side up and spray 5 layers of the same color on the inside of the dish, again waiting 10 min between each layer to allow to dry.
- Turn the dish upside down again and spray very light layers moving around the dish as you spray spray in a downward sweeping motion to give it the ombre effect.
- Repeat step three two more times waiting ten minutes between each layer to allow paint to dry.
- Spray three thin layers of the clear polyurethane to help protect your dish.