I have read so many recipes about making a roast style chicken in the crock pot before but have always been slightly skeptical about trying it. Its hard to mess with a classic. The other night I came
home from work to find my Mom on a mission to try this easy take on an old family favorite. I was pleasantly surprised and I think this may have been one of the best Pinterest meals we have tried so far. Not only is this recipe unbelievably easy but packed with so much flavor that you wont be able to put your fork down.
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 2 T. Paprika
- 4 T. Steak Seasoning ( I did 6 T.- 3 T. of two different kinds of Steak Seasoning)
- Place four small tin foil balls (slightly larger than a golf ball) in crock pot.
- Remove and discard Chicken insides, rinse and pat dry.
- Mix Paprika and Seasoning(s) together.
- Cover the entire Chicken with Rub and pat into skin.
- Place the Chicken in the crock pot on top of foil balls.
- Cover and cook for 5 hours on high.
- Remove Chicken and tent with foil for 10 min.
inspired by: www.number-2-pencil.com/2013/03/13/slow-cooker-chicken/