- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 1/2 Quarts Water
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 t. Italian Seasoning
- 2 t. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 3 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 C. sliced carrots
- 2 1/2 C. Uncooked Egg Noodles
- 1 C. Quartered Mushrooms
- 1/4 C. Cooking Sherry
- 1/4 C. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Red Cooking Wine
- 2 t. Chopped Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 1 C. Grated Parmesan
- 3/4 C. Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the stock:
- Add all ingredients to a large pot.
- Cook over medium ow heat until chicken is tender (about 35 to 45 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool.
- Remove and discard bay leaves and onion. You should have approximately 3 quarts of stock.
- When chicken is cool enough to touch cut into 1 inch cubes.
For the soup:
- Bring stock back to a boil.
- Add carrots, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and cook according to directions on package.
- When noodles are done, add chicken, mushrooms, sherry, wine, vinegar and rosemary.
- Add Parmesan and cream.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, if needed, by adding salt and pepper.
inspired by: www.foodnetwork.com