Growing up Ma always made corned beef and cabbage for Saint Patrick's Day. It has long been one of my families favorite holiday meals. This year Ma was sick so it was up to me to make the meal. It was a complete success and now you can share this meal with your family and friends!
- 4lb Corned Beef Brisket with spice packet
- 1/2 lb Carrots (sliced)
- 1/2 lb Red Potatoes (quartered)
- 1/2 head cabbage (chopped)
- 1 Stick Butter
- Rub spice packet into meat.
- Fill pot 3/4 full of cold water and place meat in water (fat side up) so it is submerged.
- Simmer covered for 1hr/lb.
- Add carrots and potatoes for last 30 min.
- Remove and tent meat to keep warm.
- Add butter and cabbage to pot and simmer until tender.