- 2 T All-Purpose Flour
- 2 t. Steak Seasoning
- 1.5 lbs Beef Stew Meat
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 3 C. Spicy V8
- 1 C. Water
- 1/2 Medium Yellow Onion (tiny dice)
- 1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 t. Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 t. Dried Oregano (crushed)
- 1/2 t. Dried Marjoram (crushed)
- 1/4 t. Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 3 Potatoes (1 inch cubes)
- 3 Sliced Carrots
- Place flour and steak seasoning in a plastic bag.
- Add meat cubes, a few at a time, shaking to coat.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven brown meat in hot oil.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in V8, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, oregano, marjoram, pepper, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until meat is nearly tender.
- Stir in potato, and carrot.
- Return to boil then reduce heat.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on high for about 5-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Makes 5 servings (about 7 cups)
inspired by: www.recipe.com